PROFESSIONAL TRADE ENHANCEMENT for Diploma in Professional Culinary Arts Students
4 days x 3.5 hours
P7,500 for outsiders & P5,500 for alumni
This Module is a hands-on workshop and lecture on the basic points of PORK FABRICATION and appreciation of CHARCUTERIE products. Butchery is a special skill and this will enhance one’s current arsenal of knife skills.
Current culinary students, cooks/chefs in current restaurants, catering or other large food scale productions. People who plan to set-up their own meat product business can also benefit from this workshop.
- I. History of Butchery
- A. Breeds of SWINE for Pork
- B. PRIMAL CUTS and RETAIL CUTS of PORK
- C. Cooking Methods for different PORK CUTS
- D. National Regulations for processing and sale of meat
- II. Charcuterie
- A. History of Charcuterie
- B. Introduction to Preservation Processes (curing, brining)
- C. Introduction to Charcuterie products (sausages, ham, bacon)
- D. How to plate a Charcuterie Board
- III. OFFLAS
- A. Types of OFFALS (Variety meats)
- B. Cooking Methods and dishes for OFFALS
- Brief Lecture Classes;
- Hands-on Workshop (break-down of whole pig, sausage making, curing meats, basic pork & offal cookery)
What do I learn/gain from this course?
- Students, kitchen staff in various foodservice operations will benefit from this additional skill (less trimmings, less expenses in purchasing retail products, faster prep time);
- Individuals or businesses that plan to venture into meat product processing and sales can utilize the learning in this workshop;
- Kitchens and retail outlets can custom make their meat products as well as venture in specializing in charcuterie items.