MANAGEMENT MODULE for CERTIFICATE IN PROFESSIONAL BAKING & PASTRY ARTS
4 days x 3.5 hours; All FRIDAYS of LEVEL2 (for AM1/PM1 Section) or All Mondays of LEVEL 2 (for AM2/PM2 Section)
P7,850 for outsiders & P4,250 for alumni
This Management Module presents the students the several food business concepts in the industry. Topics covering market research, product development and marketing strategies to be competitive are subjects that can supplement managing your own food business.
Students enrolled in our DBPA program have been historically known to venture into their own business or currently run one and this class shall introduce them to marketing and concept development topics that can assist them. Setting-up a small food business or finding a map to raise the profile and level up their current business set-up. Simply put we aim to foster the future food entrepreneurs of the industry.
- I. Introduction to the Food Industry
- A. Basics Concepts of Food Ventures
- B. Market Research
- II. Product Development
- A. Product Conceptualization
- B. Basics of Product Development
- 1. Recipe Testing & Feedback
- 2. PILOT Production and Product Specifications
- 3. Promotion and Launching
- C. Menu Design and Writing
- III. BUSINESS PLAN Writing
- IV. Marketing Strategies and Brand Placement
- Lecture Classes;
- FINAL WRITTEN EXAM; and
- FINAL PROJECT
What do I learn/gain from this course?
- Students aspiring to become entrepreneurs can utilize this management module since this is custom made for our niche, FOOD ENTREPRENEURSHIP;
- With the growing trend of gourmet and specialty products penetrating the market, there is a huge gap in skills and knowledge to sustain these food ventures;
- Enrolling in business classes or hiring other food industry professionals can be expensive so simple and practical guidelines can easily help the aspiring entrepreneur set-up their food venture.
- IN the event, franchising or setting-up a full service establishment is not a viable option then starting with smaller concepts can kick-start their food venture.