PROFESSIONAL TRADE ENHANCEMENT Diploma/Certificate in Baking and Pastry Arts
4 days x 3.5 hours
P7,500 for outsiders & P5,500 for alumni
This module aims to provide students the knowledge and skills in producing the staples of a Philippine bakeshop also fondly called our PANADERIA.
Students enrolled in our Certificate and Diploma in Professional Baking & Pastry Arts program will benefit from this module to learn additional skills in bread making. It has been a common inquiry to teach local bakery items and this module will help students with entreprenuerial or business plans to begin their training.
This Module is open to outsiders with very little skills in bread baking. This format is a workshop leanring with groups tasked to make a set of products per day
- I. Introduction to Bread Baking
- A. Tools and Equipment
- B. Ingredients for Bread Baking
- C. The Fourteen Steps in Bread Baking
- II. History of bread making in the Philippines
- A. Description/Origins of Filipino Bread Products
- B. Foreign influences on Filipino bread baking
- Lecture Classes;
- DEMO and HAND-ON WORKSHOP
- Products: Pullman Loaf, Hamburger Buns, Monay, Putok, Pan de Sal, Adobo roll, Cheese Bread, Spanish Bread, Ensaymada, Cheese Roll, Pan De Coco, Pan de Monggo, Bicho Bicho, Kalihim and Egg Pie.
What do I learn/gain from this course?
- Students aspiring to become entrepreneurs as well as those who have already existing small bakeshop businesses shall benefit from this module;
- Additional skills and knowledge is beneficial to students who are seeking to enhance their resume.