MANAGEMENT MODULE for SUPERIOR DIPLOMA IN MODERN COOKING
4 days x 3.5 hours; Level 1 (Week 1)
P7,500 for outsiders & P5,500 for alumni
This Management Module presents the students the components of managing a catering operation as well as a brief introduction to events planning.
Students enrolled in our SD-IC will benefit from this module due to the nature of catering wherein the offerings for clients must have a wide selection. Cuisines are the perfect pieces to set-up catering and even conceptualize events around a theme with food to compliment the experience.
- I. CATERING
- A. Overview of Manpower Requirements
- B. Workflow of Catering
- C. Equipment Requirements
- D. Table and buffet set-up
- II. MENU DEVELOPMENT and COSTING
- A. Types of Catering Menus and styles of service
- B. Determining Catering Prices
- C. MENU Costing
- III. SOCIAL EVENTS PLANNING
- A. Budgeting
- B. Canvassing and Choosing Locations
- C. Organizing and Coordination Services
- IV. PROMOTION and MARKETING
- A. Marketing Tools
- B. Advertising
- C. Event Marketing Tools
- Lecture Classes;
- FINAL WRITTEN EXAM; and
- FINAL PROJECT (SWOT Analysis Report)
What do I learn/gain from this course?
- Students aspiring to become entrepreneurs as well as those who have already existing catering businesses shall benefit from this module;
- In order to adapt to changing trends in the foodservice and hospitality industry, tapping into events/weddings/ready-to-eat food, etc… requires some background in creating menu concepts;
- Enrolling in business classes or hiring other food industry professionals can be expensive so simple and practical guidelines can easily help the aspiring entrepreneur set-up their food venture.